Saturday, December 19, 2009

Putting the ENERGY back into Pinoy Rock



I met the first generation of Alamat a couple of years ago in what was supposedly the first Hooters Bar in Macapagal where they played Pinoy Rock and nothing more. I must admit that the band was not that appealing for me... but the bass guitarist, Aris became my sort of friend as he would constantly remain in touch despite us not seeing each other as usual as in the old Hooters days where I'd jam with them once in a while.

When I opened up the MFC Bar, he gave me this hello message and I invited them over for a gig at the MFC. That day I saw a different Alamat... with a new front man and the right chemistry. They may not yet be ripe for the picking, but the two years did them well.

Now, I am producing and engineering their debut demo album, as well as doing some fun music videos with them and I just have this feeling that they would be a name in the future.

To Alamat... may the times be good to you and may you have the fortune in finishing what we've started....

No comments:

Post a Comment